Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday, February 20

Asad Rizvi

Weak US data now looks acceptable, as market did not react sharply to poor housing data, probably realizing that bad weather is a temporary blow. US economy is still on the up move and unless there are signs of imminent slowdown there is less to worry about.
Furthermore, release of FED minutes clearly hints that majority of its members are comfortable with the pace of growth and does want to go on back foot by reversing its tapering plan and may even consider to amend its forward guidance strategy. I think if FED does not alter its plan to slash USD 10 billion after its March gathering, it will provide better direction and clear intention about FED strategy that taper will continue that should end by the year ending 2014.
Meanwhile, today's German data PMI is an important indicator due to the released that will give some direction about Euro's next move, which could be disappointing due recent release of weak German data. Market will also be watching release of batch of US economic data, as jobless claims will be key indicator of the day.

GMT 3:21 - GOLD @ $ 1311 = Gold needs to push beyond $ 1315 for $ 1318, which looks tough in Asia as it could move down to $ 1307 or $ 1304. Failure to break $ 1297-00 on the downside would gain risk for another up move. 
GMT 3:27 - EURO @ 1.3755 = There is a minor risk that as long as 1.3710-20 levels hold we could a a push above 1.3765-70 for possible test of 1.3780-90 zones before exhausting for down move. Break of support levels will encourage for test of 1.3680-90 levels.
GMT 3:31 -GBP @ 1.6674 = As long as 1.6610-20 holds buyer will hop in to pick the lows, but may find resistance around 1.6725-35 area that needs to clear for more gains or else another fall will be seen.
GMT 3:36 - JPY @ 102.04 = JPY will make further gains, as it is likely to hold around 102.30 levels. Break of 101.75 risks for 101.50 or else 102.50. 
GMT 3:39 - AUD @ 0.8946 = The expected fall has occurred that may extend, but caution is required, as Aussie may find support around 0.8910 where buying is preferred with Stop loss 0.8870 for a move towards 0.8970-80 zones.

DISCLAMER : The commentary/information presented is not intended for trading purpose. The idea is to exchange views with the members/readers. Therefore, I accept no responsibility or liability for any losses incurred due to position taking.

18 comments:

  1. GMT 3:21 - GOLD @ $ 1311 = Gold needs to push beyond $ 1315 for $ 1318, which looks tough in Asia as it could move down to $ 1307 or $ 1304. Failure to break $ 1297-00 on the downside would gain risk for another up move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EURO @ 1.3755 = There is a minor risk that as long as 1.3710-20 levels hold we could a a push above 1.3765-70 for possible test of 1.3780-90 zones before exhausting for down move. Break of support levels will encourage for test of 1.3680-90 levels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GBP @ 1.6674 = As long as 1.6610-20 holds buyer will hop in to pick the lows, but may find resistance around 1.6725-35 area that needs to clear for more gains or else another fall will be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JPY @ 102.04 = JPY will make further gains, as it is likely to hold around 102.30 levels. Break of 101.75 risks for 101.50 or else 102.50.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AUD @ 0.8946 = The expected fall has occurred that may extend, but caution is required, as Aussie may find support around 0.8910 where buying is preferred with Stop loss 0.8870 for a move towards 0.8970-80 zones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sir

    Should i go short here in gold?

    THanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would still prefer waiting to see the highs before entering the market........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will wait for ur final confirmation

    Thank you Sir

    ReplyDelete
  9. EURO @ 1.3714 = Could dip to test 1.3680-90 before up again..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. sir plze continue with the post on coming weeks n months we all need u

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes sir please continue with the blog.. or give us some alternate??

    ReplyDelete

  12. You all have to understand that I cannot recommend any other person because of the nature of trade/business/commitment this job required.

    You have to find a suitable substitute/alternate, as I cannot make any recommendations because this is an unfair world.

    During all these years, I was so committed that I did not make a single trade. Do you know why? Because this would result conflict of interest. If I get involved in trading business, then I would have lost interest in guiding you all and instead I would have been more concerned about my trading positions.

    This is one major reason for my success. It is easy to make claims of being honest, but honest to God I have always made best effort to protect you all and guide to the best of my ability and now am leaving it up to you to be the best judge.

    Initially when I started I had around 25 subscribers, but 17 of them left because they would take trading positions and when they were caught wrong footed they would ask for my help. How can I help in such situations. This is one reason that I would not encourage on positions that by you because its you view and not mine. I would always prefer to enter when I am confident of having better grasp of the market.

    This what I would like you all to follow after me. Do strictly apply stops when you take a position so that your Capital is protected.

    I would like to share something with you. Do you know one of my Dubai based Lebanese customer Ziad approached me and asked about my strategy I said him take free trail. He lost $ 150.000/- before he in contact with me. One day he called and said that he made $ 250.000 on 50 lot gold position and after that he did not turn up and left trading.

    I wish you all and your families very best, pray for good health and happiness. And if in future I have any plan to continue I will definitely get in touch with you all.

    Do keep my other bolg http://asadcmka.wordpress.com/ and twitter for updates.

    If Allah permits, I have big travel plans this year and will be away until March next year.

    Cheers and good Luck to all for your support and kind messages.

    I will surly be missing you all.

    Best
    Asad

    ReplyDelete
  13. sir what about gbp and euro after data?

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you have bought Euro below 1,3790 book profit around 1.3720-30

    If you went long GBP around 1.6640 book your profit around 1.6695-10

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gold @ $ 1316 = hope you booked your profit below $ 1308 and went long book profit around $ 1315-17. pick top to sell Stop Loss $ 1316-18

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry sell around $ 1316-18. Stop Loss $ 1322

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok pals, cheers until tomorrow.............

    ReplyDelete